It’s healthy, nutritious, and easy to make. Everyone’s favorite Tuscan Chickpea Soup. I hope you enjoy, with a glass of wine of course. Send me your requests and let me know how yours turned out. I’m looking forward to hearing from everyone.
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt, pepper & granulated garlic.
- 1 tablespoon Tuscan or Italian seasoning.
- 1 tablespoon dried basil.
- 1/2 medium onion, diced.
- 3 small carrots, sliced
- 3 large mushrooms, chopped.
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans.
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes.
- 1 5 ½ oz can tomato juice.
- 2 cups vegetable broth.
- 6 oz baby spinach or kale.
- 1 glass of white wine for the cook,don’t waste any by putting it in the soup.
Have a sip of that wine, turn burner to medium high heat & add a tablespoon of olive oil.
Add carrots & onions, saute until soft. Good time to have another sip of wine.
Add salt, pepper & granulated garlic. Stir.
Add mushrooms & cook until soft. Have another sip of wine. Soup should be looking pretty good by now.
Add tomatoes, tomato juice, garbanzo beans & vegetable broth. Bring to boil.
Add tuscan seasoning & basil. Stir.
Add spinach. It’s going to look like there is not enough room, but it will cook down. Have some more wine so you don’t worry about it.
Keep stirring the spinach in until it is done. The soup is done & your glass of wine should be gone. Pour some more wine & enjoy your dinner. I like to garnish the soup with pesto & parmesan cheese & serve with a nice baguette & butter.